Driving confidently in any environment!
Our wind tunnel test facility pits cars against 200km winds created by ultra-large propellers measuring 8.4m. The KRW45 billion facility is the largest of its kind in Asia. Vehicles are put through a wide range of punishing tests that recreate diverse environmental conditions such as extreme temperatures, heavy rains and snow to ensure that they are able to deliver optimal levels of safety and durability under any circumstance, anywhere.
- Wind tunnel test facility
- The wind tunnel test evaluates the aerodynamics and aero acoustics of a vehicle. Tests are conducted to reduce wind resistance for improved fuel economy and reduced wind noise which is a major cause of noise when driving at high speeds.
- Key facilities include the main fan measuring 8.4m in diameter and capable of generating winds at speeds of up to 200km.
- In addition, an automotive electric scale can measure various forms of wind resistance encountered by vehicles during high speed driving.
- The sound-absorbing wall of the facility minimizes reflective noise and enables accurate measurements of noises created by the vehicle.