The world’s largest automobile plant
Production in Korea
- The world’s largest automobile plant- The Ulsan Plant
- As Hyundai Motor’s main production facility, the Ulsan Plant sits on a 5,050,000 ㎡ site and is equipped with five independent plants that employ over 34,000 personnel to produce an average of 6,000 vehicles a day. Additionally, the plant has its own port where up to three, 50,000-ton ships can anchor simultaneously. The Ulsan Plant, also dubbed the “Forest Plant,” encompasses 590,000 trees as part of its landscape and state-of-the-art facilities.
- The advanced production base focusing on export
strategy - The Asan Plant
- With an annual capacity of 300,000 units, the Asan Plant is an entirely self-contained, independent automobile production complex that mainly produces strategic mid-to large-size passenger cars for export. The Asan Plant offers a bright and pleasant, people-oriented and nature-inspired working space, and has proven that the quality of the working environment determines the quality of products.
- World’s largest scale commercial vehicle
production plant - The Jeonju Plant
- With an annual production capacity of 125,000 units, the Jeonju Plant specializes in producing mid-to large-size buses, trucks, and specialty vehicles that exceed 2.5 tons.
Global Production System
- Making the top 10 during its first year of operation
in North America - America Alabama Plant
- Within one year after it began mass production in May 2005, the Alabama Plant achieved the incredible feat of being placed 10th in product quality among 37 plants in North America. It focuses on mid-to full-size vehicles, and continues to live up to its reputation as a comprehensive automobile plant that applies the latest technologies and techniques to its production lines.
- 600,000 units per year production capacity - China Plant
- The China factories have a total annual production capacity of 600,000, with the establishment of a second factory capable of producing 300,000 units per year. To keep pace with the rapidly expanding Chinese market, a third factory is under construction and will be finished by 2012, bringing total China capacity to 1 million cars per year.
- Second place market share in just two years - India Plant
- A comprehensive, self-sufficient automobile plant that focuses on the R&D, testing, manufacturing, and sales of new products that are adapted to the Indian market, the India Plant added a second plant in 2008 to achieve an annual production capacity of 600,000 units. It serves as an overseas manufacturing plant for compact cars, such as the first overseas-specific model i10 and the strategic European model i20.
- Critical foothold in the European market
Turkey & Czech Republic Plants
- The expansion of the Turkey Plant in March 2007 resulted in an increase in the annual production capacity from 60,000 units to 100,000 units.
- A strategic foothold that connects Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, the Turkey Plant plays a key role in the increase of exports from the region through the localization of the Accent and i20 models.
- Czech Republic
- Nineteen months after its historic groundbreaking, the Czech Republic Plant commenced mass production in November 2008. The Czech Republic Plant focuses on a strategy of full localization to develop models geared to the tastes of European consumers.
- Taking full advantage of its strategic location in the centre of Europe, the Czech Republic Plant
- Russia Plants
- Scheduled to commence mass production in January 2011, the Russia Plant is the only auto plant in Russia that can handle the entire manufacturing process of complete units. The plant will start off with an annual production of 100,000 units, which will eventually increase to 200,000 units. Comprised of expert employees trained in Korea and in the Czech Republic, the Russia Plant will focus on production of the C-Class models with reinforced designs adapted to the local needs in Russia.
- Brazil Plants
- The Brazil Plant will secure a manufacturing foothold in the biggest market in Central and Latin America and play an important role in increasing sales in the region. The Brazil Plant will be producing stylish and fuel efficient compact cars suited for the Brazilian market, and contribute to increasing the market share in the region.