Speaker: Mong-Koo Chung, Chairman & CEO, Hyundai Motor Group
- In spite of difficult business environment, Hyundai Motor Group managed to sustain growth and development in 2012.
- Especially, with completion of a third plant in China and a new plant in Brazil, Hyundai and Kia established a more solid global production network; 30 plants in nine countries.
- In 2012, Hyundai and Kia produced and sold 7.12 million units, an 8 percent increase from a year earlier.
- Hyundai Steel contributed to enhancing quality of vehicles by developing and providing high quality steel for cars.
- With completion of a third furnace which is now under construction, Hyundai Steel can provide up to 12 million tons annually from this year.
- Hyundai E&C achieved cumulative overseas sales of 90 billion dollars for the first time among Korean construction companies.
- In 2013, market situations are expected to be very tough due to the ongoing European financial crisis and global economic downturn.
- We need to strengthen fundamentals through qualitative growth and focus on securing competitiveness for the future to overcome such difficulties.
- To do so, we will strive for “Brand Innovation Based on Quality” this year.
- Quality has been our first priority for our customers. We will continuously aim for the best quality, and deliver customer satisfaction at every touch point.
- We will also expand investment for the future growth and create new jobs.
- Especially, we should continuously try to secure technology competitiveness by expanding investment in the fields of eco-friendly vehicles and electronic control technology, and focusing on cultivating human resources.
- To achieve our sales target of 7.41 million units in 2013, we should more proactively respond to changes in the market through close cooperation within our global network.
- We should reinforce not only cooperation between production and sales parts, but also communication and cooperation with our partners including parts makers and dealers.
* Separately, Hyundai Motor today officially announced 2012 sales result of 4.40 million units (domestic: 667,777 / overseas: 3,734,170) and 2013 sales target of 4.66 million units (domestic: 668,000 / overseas: 3,992,000).
* FYI, Kia sold 2.72 million units in 2012, and announced its 2013 sales target of 2.75 million units.
|Prev||Highlights of 2013 New Year’s Speech|
|Next||Hyundai Accelerates WRC Preparations with Team Principal Appointment|