A global sales network reaching the four corners of the world
Hyundai Motor Company strives to strengthen its global sales network in addition to producing region-specific models. In order to expand the sales of premium luxury cars such as Centennial (Equus) and Genesis, Hyundai has opened showroom spaces in key commercial cities, including New York, London, Beijing, and Moscow. Also, since 2009, Hyundai has been remodelling dealer showrooms worldwide based on the new company design standard and has implemented several education programmes such as the Total Dealer Education Programme. To enhance customer experiences at every contact point, Hyundai will continue the process of opening up more direct retail shops and upgrading existing dealerships.
Technical research centres, the base
camp for global leadership
- Namyang technical research centre, Korea
- Hyundai’s Namyang technical research centre in Hwaseong City, Gyeonggi Province, is a worldclass integrated research complex equipped with a planning centre, design centre, powertrain centre, wide tunnel facilities, collision testing facilities, and a comprehensive proving ground. Over 10,000 researchers are working to develop the world’s best vehicles in performance, quality, and eco-friendliness.
- Mabuk environmental technology centre, Korea
- Mabuk environmental technology centre in Yongin City, Gyeonggi Province, is pushing forward the research of technologies that will lead the eco-friendly automobile industry. Projects include the development of next-generation eco-friendly vehicles, including hydrogen fuel cell cars, automotive recycling technologies and eco-friendly clean production technologies.
- Korea central research institute
- Korea central research institute in Uiwang City, Gyeonggi Province, focuses on fundamental research in cutting-edge materials and new analytical technologies as well as studies in the fields of environment and energy, intelligent safety, and human engineering for the purpose of developing new frontiers for future growth.
- U.S. technical centre
- With headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a technical centre and proving ground in California, the U.S. technical centre is a cutting-edge institute that oversees automotive research and development focused on meeting American driving expectations.
- Europe technical centre
- Located near Frankfurt, Germany, the Europe technical centre is a high-tech multifunctional building that comprises engineering centres for developing high quality automobiles as well as engines that meet European environmental regulations.
- Japan technical centre
- Located in Yokohama, the Japan technical centre concentrates on developing cutting edge electronic and hybrid technologies.
- India engineering centre
- Located in Hyderabad, India’s “IT city,” the India technical centre is actively supporting the design and analytic research of automobiles as well as the development of products suited to the local market.
Design centres, creator of global trends
- Namyang design centre
- With a video evaluation area, interior evaluation area, CAVE system, supercomputers, and other cutting-edge design facilities, over 400 top designers create global trends at this centre through vehicle interior and exterior styling, computer-assisted digital simulations, and production of new colours for coating Hyundai vehicles.
- U.S. design centre
- Located in Irvine, California, the U.S. Design centre sprawls across 33,058 m2 of land where top designers gather to swiftly analyse market preferences and create designs that cater to the tastes of local customers.
- Europe design centre
- In collaboration with the Europe Technical centre in Frankfurt, Germany, this centre plays a central role in the development of designs that are suited to the needs and lifestyles of European customers as well as the development of high quality vehicles.
Proving grounds, ensuring strict
testing through advanced equipments
- Ulsan proving ground, Korea
- The comprehensive proving ground in Ulsan, the first of its kind in Korea, has 19 tracks and high speed circuits on an area of 660,000 m2.
- Namyang technical research centre proving ground, Korea
- Namyang technical research centre proving ground is a facility of world-class scale with 34 tracks, including Belgian, low friction routes, and a proving road totalling 70 km including a high speed circuit track spread over a 1,650,000 m2.
- California proving ground, U.S.
- California proving ground is 10 times the size of the Namyang facility, sprawling over 17,520,740m2 with more than 116 km of track, located in the Mohave Desert. The largest high speed circuit has a 10.4 km long elliptical thee-lane track, on which cars can be driven at speeds of up to 250 km/h. It is used for various high speed and durability tests including maximum speed testing